Facts & Figures

A company policy of controlled, self-financed growth, consistently applied throughout the almost 100-year history of our company, has ensured that today STEINHAUS GmbH has a sound financial base as well as an impressive global presence.

STEINHAUS GmbH is part of a group of companies employing a workforce of more than 3,500 people in over 50 companies throughout the world.

Efficient production methods, modern plant & equipment, our own product developments and a high-performing in-house and field sales & marketing team, together with a large number of domestic and foreign affiliated companies, ensure the provision of reliable quality products and proficient specialist support for our customers in over 50 countries across the world.

The STEINHAUS delivery program includes screen panels made of plastic, rubber and steel, wedge wire panels, conveyor belts and equipment made of wire and plastic, air spring systems, and filter media made of steel, plastic and textile fibre materials. We also supply process equipment such as cyclones, slurry pumps and spirals.

We view the challenges of the global market as opportunities for continuing positive business development in dialogue with our customers.

Founding year:
1922
Managing Director:
Christian Steinhaus
Employees:
153
Locations worldwide:
> 50
Wilhelm Heinrich

History

1922

Despite difficult circumstances – occupation of the Ruhr was looming, reparation payments had had considerably weakened the German economy, and inflation on a scale hitherto unknown was anticipated – Wilhelm Heinrich Steinhaus founded the firm of STEINHAUS Eisen-, Metall- und Drahtindustrie GmbH in Mülheim an der Ruhr

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

1923 - 1959

The early years were a period of continuous expansion and in-house manufacturing. In 1937 STEINHAUS GmbH concluded a contract of cooperation with Rösler Draht AG and in 1944 in-house manufacturing began at the Bergisch-Gladbach production site. In 1951 STEINHAUS took over Giesen & Co. GmbH, and in 1956 the company moved to its current administration building in the Mülheim district of Speldorf.

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

1960 - 1979

After the death of Wilhelm Heinrich Steinhaus in 1960, the corporate group was initially headed up by his wife and later by a holding company. However, even after the death of its founder, STEINHAUS GmbH continued to develop successfully. In 1968, for instance, polyurethane screen panels were introduced in screening technology, followed in 1976 by the world premiere of the first polyurethane system screen panels, called KOMBIPLAST.

In 1974 Robert Steinhaus, the founder’s great-nephew, joined the company management. Building on his great-uncle’s business ethos, he enthusiastically led the company into a period of increasing international involvement.

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

1980 – 1999

The ‘80s and ‘90s were a phase of innovation and growth. STEINHAUS expanded and refined its production programme. The OPTIMA product range was introduced and extended. This quickly led to the use of OPTIMA welded wedge wire screens in all fields, including as drying panels with very precise quality requirements for the international pharmaceutical industry.
With the takeover of a further international group of companies and the start of a long-term supply of special screen panels for a large dam project in China, the company’s global orientation continued to gather pace.

The firm celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1997 with the market launch of the UNI2000 polyurethane system screen panel, expanding its product range still further.

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

2000 – 2009

In 2001 Robert Steinhaus reached the age of 65 and stepped down from his management role. He continues to provide advice and assistance to the company, however. His son, Christian Steinhaus, became the 4th generation to represent the family at STEINHAUS GmbH when he joined the company management in 2006.

The company’s ethos remained innovation and growth.

Additional German production firms were acquired. And the commissioning of a water-jet cutting system for the manufacture of welded wedge wire screens enabled further expansion of production. As a result, various major OPTIMA orders from the international brewery sector were successfully handled.

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

2010 – 2018

In 2013 STEINHAUS was able to become the sole producer worldwide to manufacture rolled baking oven belts in widths up to 1,800 mm, while adhering to the well-known quality standards.

Over subsequent years, the production programme was further expanded by the LuCoTec air spring system.

As part of a Group with over 50 companies and 3,000 employees throughout the world, STEINHAUS GmbH is exceptionally well-positioned strategically. We grasp the challenges of the global market as opportunities for continuing positive business development.

Wilhelm Heinrich

History

2019 – Heute

The start of 2019 saw the establishment of the newest member of the corporate group: Multotec GmbH. Its aim is to bring products manufactured by its South African sister company, Multotec, to Europe. And the new site in Mörlenbach, Hesse, serves, in particular, as a centre for technology and logistics.

Copyright © Steinhaus GmbH | Contact | Imprint | Data protection | Cookies Change settings